The old „Kulturfabrik“ hosted hundreds of concerts for bands like The Fall, Monster Magnet, The Stranglers, Bad Religion, Die Ärzte or Einstürzende Neubauten. After being used as a discotheque for a while, the building was abandoned for several years. We instantly fell in love with the spirit and the acoustics when we first visited the empty sheds.
To keep the spirit we mainly left Blackstar as it used to be back in those days. We only did what was neccessary for sound improvement and acoustics.
Blackstar offers 32x10x4 fully analogue audio tie-lines but can be scalled up to 128×128 in-/outputs with our Dante audio network. That way we can offer you maximum flexibility and options if needed. With the size of the room, its 6m high ceiling and the extensive in-/output opportunity Blackstar is perfect for orchestra, big bands or other large ensembles.
From Blackstar you have direct sight lines to the Studio 1 |Nautilus control room as well as Live 2 |A Forest – in case you need to separate musicians.
Blackstar can also be used for small live concerts and video shootings and offers an optional stage with rigging and additional high voltage lines. It also is equipped with a professional photo/video backdrop system for green screen and infinity cove shots.
You also can book this room including our lounge and kitchen for your event, product presentation or show. Just give us a call.
Through our rental company Pelser & Schmidt we can provide a wide range of audio and light equipment.
- 140 sqm (1.500 sqft), 6m ceiling.
- Isolated asphalt flooring, stone walls.
- 32x10x4 analogue tie lines, up to 128×128 digital in-/outputs.
- Ready-to-use live stage with all necessary riggings.
- Additional light equipment available on site including MA Lighting GrandMA and photographic lights.
- Fully equipped for live streaming with Blackmagic ATEM TVStudioHD and established streaming network.
- Video projection, displays and additional video equipment available on-site.
300 € per day / 45 € per hour
|Studio Event Rental
from 900 € per day / 150 € per hour
(The old Kulturfabrik)